Tuesday 1 January 2013

Mums the word

Today was a great day. Grandma and Grandma Miller dropped in and looked after poppy while I showered and made myself look presentable! Then Poppy, JJ, Grandma Sarj and I went for a walk and Poppy slept the whole time...then she slept some more so I could tidy the house and sort all the Christmas presents...then she slept some more so I could sort the washing and my wardrobes...and then she slept some more so I could finally feel like I had some control back!

I love being a mummy. Yes there have been days where I have felt like a feeding machine and I've felt overwhelmed at this change in my life...and yes I've been emotional and tired and exhausted and the thought of not getting a whole nights sleep again for a while freaks me out...but I only have to look at my little girl, the little beauty that JJ and I created to know its all worth it. The tears, the milk...the pooey nappies!!! I just love looking after her, helping her grow, love looking AT her...Being a mum rocks!