Thursday 3 January 2013

Poppy & JJ...


Its funny because I know that JJ (although TOTALLY happy with a little girl!) really wants at some point to have a boy, but seeing him with Poppy is just the most incredible thing. He manages to calm her down in a way that I cant, she can lie on his chest and fall asleep but on me all she can sense is my milk...she looks at him with adoring eyes (hey, I know that look well!) and when he picks her up her tears always stop rolling. There's something so magical about the bond between a father and his daughter, and I'm so pleased that JJ got to experience this. I had 9+ extra months to form a bond with my bump, she grew inside me and she kicked and punched and moved around and hiccup'ed! But for the Dad it must be harder to really have that bond until the baby comes out...

And boy, is it an incredible bond. I see the way he looks at her, and checks up on her...the way he cares for her, the way he LOVES her...and yes of course you would get this with a son, but I know the way that I felt and still feel about my Dad, and how my mum had the same feelings with my Grandpa. Its a magical bond, and I can't wait for it to strengthen as she gets older...